Monday, October 15, 2007

Kanji #019 / 妹













< TYPE >
Kanji / ka i - sho style

< READING >
The japanese reading : i mo u to
The sound reading : ma i

< MEANING >
younger sister

< ORIGIN >
hierogryph
「女」+「未」
女:woman
未:the twig which does not finish yet spreading. ''木 ( tree )'' + ''ー''.

< USE >
姉妹(si - ma i):sisters


example) 彼女は私の妹です。[ ka no - jo wa wa ta si no i mo u to de su.] She is my younger sister.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This time, I introduce "妹"

The left part of this kanji ''女'' expresses a woman.
Therefore, we use this kanji only for woman brothers.
I do not have woman brothers.

But, my wife has two younger sisters.
So, I had two younger sisters-in-law by marrying.

What kind of feelings are woman brothers ?

My answer is ''not different in both man brothers and woman brothers".


I introduce ''友'' on the next time.


Thank you.
See you next time.

All of us are piece of peace.

Labels: