Monday, September 10, 2007

Kanji #014 / 父












< TYPE >
Kanji / ka i - sho style

< READING >
The japanese reading : chi chi
The sound reading : fu

< MEANING >
father, aged man, man of the elder, person like father

< ORIGIN >
The kanji that expressed a figure to hit with a stone ax in a hand

< USE >
神父(si n - pu):the father ( of the church )
漁夫(gyo - fu):fisherman
伯父(o ji):uncle ( older brother of father )
叔父(o ji):uncle ( younger brother of father )

example) 彼は私の父です。[ ka re wa wa ta si no chi chi de su.] He is my father.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This time, I introduce "父"

This kanji shows a figure having a stone ax to a hand.
A stout figure having a stone ax, the sturdiness may have been symbols of father.
How about your father?

My father is ...

...strong
...healthy
...stern
...tender
...faithful
...diligent
...shy
...an artist
...my teacher of the calligraphy

My father is a splendid person.

I am proud that I am his child.


I introduce ''母'' on the next time.


Thank you.
See you next time.

All of us are piece of peace.

Labels: