Monday, October 18, 2010

Kanji #159 / 笑














< TYPE >
Kanji / ka i - sho style

< READING >
The japanese reading : sho u
The sound reading : e ( mu ), wa ra ( u )

< MEANING >
laugh, be interesting, A flower blooms.

< ORIGIN >
「竹」+「夭」
竹 : bamboo
夭 : thin
make a mouth narrower thin and laugh

< USE >
微笑 [bi - sho u] : smile
高笑 [ta ka - wa ra i] : loud laughter
笑顔 [e - ga o ( special reading )] : smile

example) 笑う門には福来る。[ wa ra - u - ka do - ni wa - fu ku - ki ta - ru. ] Happiness comes to the person who always laughs. ( A Japanese proverb. )


////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I introduce ''笑'' on this time.

Originally, ''笑'' expresses an act to make a mouth narrower thin and laugh.
I imagine that it was not common people open a mouth greatly and laugh.

The modern people can open a mouth greatly and laugh.

I am happy.
When I open a mouth greatly and laugh, I am very happy.

I introduce ''泣'' on the next time.


Thank you.
See you next time.

All of us are pieces of peace.

Labels: