Monday, May 25, 2009

Kanji #088 / 霜













< TYPE >
Kanji / ka i - sho style

< READING >
The japanese reading : si mo
The sound reading : so u

< MEANING >
frost, time, white like frost, cold thing, white powder

< ORIGIN >
「雨」+「相」
雨 : rain
相 : face each other lengthwise, stand in a row separately
The frost which stands in a row lengthwise.

< USE >
霜柱 [si mo - ba si ra] : frost column
氷霜 [hyo u - so u] : ice frost
霜月 [si mo - tsu ki] : Another name of November in the old calendar.

example) 霜がおりる。 [ si mo - ga o ri ru. ] There is a frost.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I introduce ''霜'' on this time.

There is a frost in the cold morning.
There are a lot of frost columns in a field.

When I was young, I played a frost column.
I stepped on a frost column.

It is a sound a lot.
A sense to be left to the sole.
I liked them very much.


I introduce ''霧'' on the next time.


Thank you.
See you next time.

All of us are pieces of peace.

Labels: