Monday, May 11, 2009

Kanji #087 / 雪













< TYPE >
Kanji / ka i - sho style

< READING >
The japanese reading : yu ki
The sound reading : se tsu

< MEANING >
snow, rinse it out, pour, cleanse, white like snow

< ORIGIN >
「雨」+「ヨ」
雨 : rain
ヨ : sweep ( A simplified form of ''彗''. )
The snow which sweeps all things.

< USE >
粉雪 [ko na - yu ki] : Powdery snow
雪辱 [se tsu - jo ku] : Vindication of honor
雪駄 [se - tta] : Leather-soled sandals

example) 今日は雪です。 [ kyo u ( ko n - ni chi ) - wa - yu ki - de su. ] It is a snowy today.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I introduce ''雪'' on this time.

All is pure white after it snowed.
When I watch it,
My heart becomes pure white too.

This kanji has a meaning to ''sweep all things''.
The old person may have been a feeling same as me, too.


I introduce ''霜'' on the next time.


Thank you.
See you next time.

All of us are pieces of peace.

Labels: